8800517192 Request a Call

Court Marriage

Request a Call Back

Are you a Human? : 6 + 5 =

Court Marriage

Get your Marriage solemnized without any hassle

  • Binding requirements for court marriage
  • Criteria for Marriage Registration under Special Marriage Act, 1954 and Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
  • Procedure of court marriage
  • Document requirement or any additional requirement for marriage solemnization
  • Benefits of getting marriage registered
  • Prohibited relationships

Modern Indian generation these days don’t want to spend money on a big Indian fat marriage. So there is an alternative option for the young couples where they can does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages and can go for simple Court marriages which are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.

What is Court Marriage and Who Can Perform the Same?

Under Court marriage parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate. Court marriage under Special Marriage Act, 1954 can be performed between an Indian male and a female/or between an Indian and a foreigner irrespective of their caste or religion.

A marriage between an Indian and a Foreign national can also be solemnized under Special Marriage Act, 1954, if either one of Bridegroom or bride is a citizen of India before Marriage Registrar in India or foreign country.

What are Binding Requirements for Court Marriage?

  • The bridegroom/bride must have completed the age of twenty-one (21) years and of eighteen (18) years simultaneously at the time of marriage.
  • The bridegroom/bride should not have any valid persisting marriage with any other person at the time of marriage.
  • The bridegroom/bride should not be suffering from unsoundness of mind of such a nature as to be unable to give valid consent for the marriage, or suffering from mental disorder of any such kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and procreation of children, or has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity.
  • The bridegroom/bride should not fall within the degree of prohibited relationship.
  • Marriage to be considered as null and Void if comes under Degree of prohibited relationship- Two persons are said to be covered under the degrees of prohibited relationship if

  • One of the party is the lineal ascendant of the other;
  • If one of the party was the wife or husband of lineal ascendant or descendant of the other;
  • If one of the party was wife of the brother or of the father’s or mother’s brother or of the grandfather’s or grandmother’s brother of the other,
  • If the two are in relation as brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters.

What are the services Lawyerinc offers for court marriage?

Our services:

Our comprehensive range of end-to-end solutions includes following:

  • End to end services for Court Marriage.
  • Availability of court marriage registration once marriage is done.
  • We have expertise in preparing to file application for court marriage and getting your documents verified.
  • Free consultation for any enquiry that you may have about Court Marriage.
  • Application will be made by us and duly submitted.
  • We shall inform you of the date and time when your physical appearance will be required at the Registrar’s office.
  • You will get your Court Marriage solemnized without any hassles.

*Any fee, stamp duty and miscellaneous charges shall be payable extra.

Do contact us in case of any query related Court Marriage and much more.

To avail any of the above-stated services, kindly establish contact by posting a query at our site.

Procedure of Court Marriage?

Steps for Court Marriage

  • Notice of Intended Marriage
  • Publication of Notice
  • Objections to Marriage
  • Signing of Declaration
  • Place of Marriage
  • Certificate of Marriage

Detailed Procedure of Court Marriage

  • Either of the parties who has resided in the District for a period of not less than 30 days immediately preceding the date on which such notice is given needs to file a Notice of Intended Marriage in the specified form to the Marriage Registrar of the said district.
  • The Registrar of Marriage will then publish the Notice for 30 days by inviting any objections,
  • After the expiry of 30 days from the date of publication said notice, the marriage may be solemnized unless there is any objection.
  • The marriage may be solemnized at the specified Marriage Office in District.
  • Both the parties are required to be present on the date of registration/Solemnization at the specified marriage office along with three witnesses

What are Various Documents Required for Court Marriage?

  • Application form in the prescribed format along with prescribed fee for the marriage
  • Passport Size Photographs of both the parties
  • Residential Proof of both the parties
  • Proof of Date of Birth both the parties
  • Residential address proof and PAN Card of Three Witnesses
  • Death certificate or divorce decrees whichever is applicable, in case of any preceding marriage.

Any Additional Requirements in Case of Marriage with Foreign National?

  • Copy of Passport of both the parties with valid visa in the country
  • N.O.C. or Marital Status certificate from the concerned embassy or Consulate in India by a foreigner embassy/partner.

In case of delay in filing complaint, can i file complaint?

Yes, delay can be condoned by presiding officer, if complainant is able to satisfy forum or commission about reasonableness of delay.

Is there any prescribed fee to file Consumer Complaint?

Yes, every complaint has to be accompanied with prescribed fee that need to be paid in form of Demand Draft or through Postal Order in favor of Registrar of the respective State Commission and payable at the respective place where the State Commission or the National Commission is situated.








Upto One Lakh Rupees  (For complainants who are Below Poverty Line)



Upto One Lakh Rupees – for people other than BPL



From One Lakhs upto Five Lakhs Rupees



From Five Lakhs upto Ten Lakhs Rupees



From Ten Lakhs upto Twenty Lakhs Rupees






From Twenty Lakhs upto Fifty Lakhs Rupees



From Fifty Lakhs upto One Crore Rupees






Above One Crore Rupees


What need to be included in Consumer COMPLAINT?

Although, consumer complaint can be filed by Complainant himself but it is always advisable to take help of an Attorney for better adjudication. Complaint needs to be unambiguous, specific and precise. The consumer complaint must include:

  • Complaint must have cause-title and heading;
  • Complaint must include the name, description and address of the complainant;
  • Complaint must include the name, description and address of the opposite party or parties;
  • Complaint must include important facts related to the complaint and the place of course of action;
  • Complaint should also include opposite party’s liability to be proceeded against and how they are accountable to the said petition.
  • Complaint needs to be accompanied with relevant documents in support of the allegations imposed in the said petition. Complaint need to be signed by Complaint with attestation and it is advised to keep one or two copies of the complaint with themselves for records and further proceedings.
  • Complaint need to be accompanied with list of documents duly signed by Complainant.
  • Jurisdiction clause need to be mentioned in Complaint as how the matter falls within the jurisdiction of the respective tribunal. It needs to mention whether the opposite party resides or carries on business or has a branch office or personally works for gain within the jurisdiction of the forum or whether the cause of action has been arose within the tribunal’s jurisdiction.
  • Complaint is also required to mention Relief Sought as how Complainant is entitled to claim the costs of said complaint from the opposite party, along with that Complaint also needs to mention the amount of claim in your complaint.
  • Complaint need to be accompanied with verification clause and also need to attest/notarize the same from Oath Commissioner or Notarization official.
  • For removal of defects from the defected goods or Removal of deficiencies in the said services;
  • For replacement of the goods in dispute or Refund of the money paid to trader;
  • Award of compensation for the loss or injury suffered;
  • To discontinue or not to repeat the unfair trade practice or restrictive trade practice in future;
  • To withdraw hazardous goods in dispute from being offered for sale in market;
  • To halt/stop manufacturing of hazardous goods and abstain from offering services which are hazardous in nature;
  • If the loss or injury has been suffered by a large number of consumers, to pay compensation of such sum to be not less than 5% of the value of such defective goods or services provided to be determined by the forum;
  • To close or alter the misleading advertisement to reduce its effect.

Can appeal be filed against the order of District Forum or State Commission?

Yes, aggrieved party can file appeal before State Commission against the order of District forum within 30 days from the date of receipt of the impugned Order. Appeal against the order of the State Commission can be filed before the National Commission within 30 days from the date of receipt of said impugned order. Appeal against the order of the National Commission, can be filed before the Supreme Court of India within 30 days from the date of receipt of Orders

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I love in Delhi but my fiancé lives in Bangalore. Can I solemnize my marriage in Delhi?

    Yes, the marriage can be solemnized between parties in Delhi, if one party resides here. Post query at our site, we will contact you and will get your court marriage solemnized without any hustle.

  • Me and my girlfriend are major and want to get married but our parents are not ready for the marriage, can we go for the court marriage?

    Yes, the marriage can be solemnized and registered between both the parties if both the parties are major and competent.

  • I am a hindu but my wife is Christian. Marriage is solemnized as per customs of hindu marriage. SO can I get my marriage registered under Hindu Marriage Act?

    No, marriage between parties of different religions can be solemnized and registered under Special marriage Act.

  • What is the minimum age requirement to go for court marriage?

    Boy must have completed 21 years and girl 18 years of age to get their marriage solemnized.

  • Can I get marriage certificate on the same day?

    Yes, you can apply for the same by tatkal and will get certificate the same day.

  • I want to marry a girl from USA, can we solemnize marriage in India?

    Yes, marriage with foreign national can be solemnized in India under Special marriage act.

  • Why to get court marriage through lawyerinc?

    Lawyerinc is a complete blend of professionals from across the globe. In –house team of lawyers and attorneys, CA, CS. All professional work together in Lawyerinc, providing you end to end solution. It guarantees delivery in the shortest and most reasonable rate in India. It enjoys a global presence

Top Rated Lawyers

Trusted By


Transform your Business. Subscribe our Newsletter.