Marriage Registration in Noida – Required Documents and Procedure
A Marriage which has already been solemnized according to Hindu Rites and Rituals can be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. For the registration under Hindu marriage act, both husband and wife shall be Hindu. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions. If both are not Hindu, then the marriage is registrable under The special marriage Act, 1954. In this article I am focusing on procedure and requirement of documents related to marriage registration in Noida, under Hindu marriage act, 1955.
As per the Supreme Court guideline, since 2006 now it has become mandatory to register marriage for safeguarding women’s right. In fact, now it has become mandatory in Uttar Pradesh under The Uttar Pradesh Marriage Registration Rules 2017 that all marriages which have been solemnised in the state shall be registered. Registration of marriage is necessary also if somebody wants to go abroad and settle there, then the Marriage Certificate is a must. Marriage certificate is an official declaration which states that the two people are married according to particular rites and rituals. So, basically, a marriage certificate is the legitimate proof that a couple is married. After marriage, everyone shall register their marriage to obtain a marriage certificate.
Requirement for Registration of Marriage
- The foremost important thing is that marriage should be performed according to Hindu rites and rituals.
- Both Groom and Bridegroom should be Hindus
- It is mandatory that the husband should be above 21 years and the bride shall be above 18 years of age.
- For registration of marriage in Noida, these things should be kept in mind
• Residence of bridegroom
• Residence of bride
• Solemnisation place
- Both should not be under degree of prohibited Relationships.
Degree of Prohibited Relationship– Two individuals are said to be covered under the degrees of prohibited relationship –
- If one of them is the lineal ascendant of the other,
- If one was the husband or wife of lineal ascendant or descendant of the other,
- If one of them was wife of the brother or of the father’s or mother’s brother or of the grandfather’s or grandmother’s brother of the other,
- If they are brother and sister, aunt and nephew, uncle and niece, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters.
A marriage falling within the above categories will be considered void.
Exception: The customs play an important role here i.e. If there is a custom governing the parties, they may marry even if they fall under the degrees of prohibited relationship.
Punishment: A marriage which is solemnized between the parties within the degrees of prohibited relationship is considered null and void.
The parties of such a marriage are liable to be punished with imprisonment for a period of one month or fine of Rs. 10000/- or with both.
Benefits Of Registration Of Marriage
I am explaining here few benefits of Registration of marriage
- Marriage certificate is a kind of proof which shows that a woman is legally married to the person as all the required details mentioned in the certificate.
- Marriage registration certificate provides a kind of social security and self-confidence to married women as the women are legally married and can take legal action in case of requirements.
- The marriage certificate is necessary if either is claiming bank deposits or insurance-related benefit to a spouse as this is the only way to prove that both were legally married.
- Marriage certificate is necessary to be produced when applying for a passport if married, as proof of marriage. In other countries, a marriage certificate is the only document which can prove that the couple is legally wedded, husband and wife.
Documents Required for Marriage Registration in Noida
- Aadhar card of both husband and Wife
- Pan card of both husband and wife
- SSC Certificate/ Birth certificate
- Residence proof i.e Rent agreement/sale deed
- Affidavits of both husband and wife stating that they are not within the prohibited degree of relationships and status before marriage and it should be notarized
- 2 witnesses’ documents are required which includes Aadhar card, Pan card and their SSC certificates/Birth certificates.
- Affidavit /Declaration certificate issued by gazetted officer/religious officer
- Wedding pics
- Wedding card, if it’s available
- Passport size pics of husband, wife and witnesses.
Procedure for Registration of Marriage in Noida
- In Uttar Pradesh, Marriage Registration can be done online. For this, both husband and wife should have a Valid Aadhar Card.
- Then we need to fill the application form on official website
- The form shall be duly filled as per instruction properly in both Hindi and English
- Then all documents shall be uploaded in a prescribed format as per instruction like images shall be in jpg format and size shall be 40 kb and other documents shall be uploaded in Pdf format with a size limit of 70kb. Once the form has been submitted properly, then payment shall be made by clicking on the link of payment.
- After that application and payment receipt will be issued and then within 30 days, the applicant needs to visit the particular mentioned jurisdictional marriage registry office for a certificate with all the documents.